Sunday 23 February 2014

Skin perfect super foods!






Oats - I remember my Mum always saying eat your porridge up it will make you big and strong, at the time I was sure she was secretly punishing me but now I know that it’s one of the key ingredients for healthy skin. Not only does it do this but it’s full of calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamin E and B plus protein and so much more! It not only helps with your skin but also helps defeat tiredness and stress …. perfect if your planning a wedding! Make sure if your like me and have coeliac disease (celiac for you US viewers) that there is no traces of gluten as this could cause you to have adverse effects.
Avocado - Full of antioxidants, potassium and vitamins. Although it’s fatty they’re not bad for you at all! They also help fight the dreaded signs of ageing! Even if you are on a diet please don’t think that you should eat them because they are high in fat they are good for you and in order for your body to process you require fats. After all why do you think camels store all that fat in their humps?? So they can deal with the long journeys across the desert.
Dandelion - Now when I say dandelions do not go and pick them out of your garden what ever you do!! For one you need the leaves and they need to be drank as a tea a herbal shop or local organic shops might sell them. These will help your body get rid of toxins caused by drinking or junk food (which can cause those dark circles)
Melon - These are great in helping detox your body both inside and outside - remember if your insides are healthy your outside shows this! 
Millet - Now I know your probably thinking isn’t that what goes in bird feed? I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think that when I first read about it. The good thing about this is it’s full of silicone and this is what your skin, hair, teeth and nails need in order to be healthy! 
Salmon - Now it doesn’t have to be salmon any oily fish is good especially; herring, mackerel, pilchards, sardines, sprats, trout, whitebait, anchovies (be careful when eating these) and carp! If your not too keen on fish then grab the tartar sauce and hold your nose. It will all be worth it in the end. 
Pumpkin seeds - Now I eat these as a snack and although the taste isn’t overly nice they really work!! I won’t go in to too much information but this will give your body a huge clean out in a healthy way! They’re magic beans in my eyes and they help your skin again! If you don’t like the taste pop them in some muesli at breakfast.
Strawberries - These are high in iron and again cleanse your body throughout. Try not to eat them with sugar or cream though … you’ll get the full effect if you restrain. 
Watercress - Great in a salad although I find the taste very peppery but if you want lots of vitamins these are full of A and C and they’re also a natural antibiotic so will help reduce spots.
Sprouted seeds - Now this is a strange one I have personally never tried these but you can add them to stir frys and salads. They’re easy to make just grab some bean seeds etc. let them go to sprout or simply go to the supermarket and buy them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment