Thursday 6 February 2014

Mumbo jumbo about me!

Hello!!!

Well this isn't my first blog, but, it is my first ever fashion / makeup blog! I thought I'd start off about telling you a bit about myself (make sense huh?!) So here we go...

So my name is Steph and my surname is Honey - hence the blog name! It's not my maiden name I'm married and that's one of the perks about marrying my husband (one of them ha ha ha). I was born in 1987 and that makes me 26. I live in Leicestershire, United Kingdom out in the lovely countryside. My star sign is sagittarius (half man half horse archer bloke?). I also have a lovely amazing Mum and a Step-Dad who I consider to be my Dad. He's so lovely and reminds me of an old farmer - wears the clothes and everything. God love him!  My Mum well she's amazing too - an absolute inspiration to me. She's been through thick and thin for me and my three siblings and would no doubt do it all again if she ever had to.



My three siblings ..... Well I have a sister who is 24 Siobhan is her name. She reminds me of the mad hatter with all her quirks and all that jazz. She has a wonderful son called Spencer who has been recently diagnosed with autism and an amazing partner who would do anything for her called Tracey. Who is like an additional sister. I also have two younger brothers George and Arthur (named after Kings) who are currently going through the young teenager stages - sometimes I forget that they're not kids anymore but me being the oldest still tends to baby them. I also have a son called Charlie - light of my life!! He's two and half years old (definitely wouldn't swap him for anything EVER). He's a troublesome boy as expected at that age and is starting to look more like me - according to my husband. As for my husband well he's my gorgeous hubby. His name is Anthony but I call him Ant. He's from Lancashire and all of his friends from up there call him Woody - because he looks like the Toy Story character. So I was outnumbered in my house by boys till we got a gorgeous little pup that goes by the name of Molly. She's a working Cocker Spaniel who I'm currently training to be a gun dog - please don't shoot me for saying that. I'm sure people have ethical problems when it comes to this sometimes but it's in her nature to do that kind of work... it's what they are bred for. Besides that she is also our pet and we love her soo much.


I am currently carrying out a degree BA/BSc (Hons) in Design and Innovation at The Open University. I'm nearly onto my second year!! Go me (for making it this far). After I finish this I plan to carry out my postgraduate Teaching Qualification (I won't say PGCE as I hear that it's being replaced). I hope to do a special one think it goes by the name of QTS and teach 11-18 year olds Art and Design and in turn inspire children. Carrying out my degree so far I have come to realise how much Art (which comes in many forms anything from history, philosophy to the obvious music, paintings etc.) influence the world. I've also learned a lot about design processes which includes management, group work activity and creating prototypes. One of my actual modules involved creating a t-shirt - however it wasn't as awwww inspiring as it may sound. We had to design a t-shirt using a sketch of our hand. But I got a good mark on that one so I cannot complain. As you may have guessed my major is in Art.(I've put a picture below of my design - it's ok I know it's rubbish)



Right next topic ..... Likes and dislikes??

I like (love) people who are honest with me (but in a kind hearted way). People who return the effort for you no matter what and thirdly, people who aren't mundane about life all the time. I suffer with anxiety so I when people are constantly on a downer I find it influences my mood too. So I like to be surround by positive people. Although it isn't always possible as life isn't always rainbows and buttercups. I dislike people who are very self-centred and don't let you get a word in edgeways and consider their opinion to be the right opinion. I do like a good debate however, but I don't force my views upon others.

My favourite activities I like to take part in are walking the dog - we (and I say we - me and the dog) could walk for miles. I enjoy shopping (duhhh) if that's even an activity and obviously I love designing. My LEAST favourite activities are cleaning - ha ha ha it's a form of activity. I love a clean house but it frustrates me living with two boys the house gets very untidy and quickly.

My favourite colour is green. My eyes are green and although I don't personally wear the colour besides my bottle green jumpers (I have 2) and my wellies that's as far as I go. It reminds me of the countryside and that's where I like to spend most of my time. I don't like the colour orange ... no idea why it's my Mum's favourite colour but that doesn't mean I hate it because of that.


So basically that's a little bit about me.... I'm sure I'll fill you in on more as I go along. Maybe if I get my confidence up I'll do a few video blogs but that's a long way off. I hope you enjoy my fashion blogs too and I'll be showcasing some of the clothes I've designed.

Thanks for your time!! xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment